6 Targeted Tips for Healthy Circulation
Healthy circulation keeps every part of the body nourished. Your circulatory system’s main job is to move blood throughout the body, and it is made up of the heart and around 100,000 miles of blood vessels. Circulation is such an important process that your very livelihood depends on a well-functioning circulatory system.
It can be easy to dismiss circulation as something you have no control over. But although you aren’t consciously responsible for blood flow and circulation, you can make lifestyle choices that make the jobs of the heart and vessels much, much easier.
You know that the foundation of cardiovascular health is a balanced diet and regular movement. Here are six specific ways to support healthy circulation:
- Stand more and sit less. If you sit a good part of your day, be sure to get up and move around regularly. Among other effects, sitting slows the circulation of a fat-absorbing blood enzyme known as lipase. So, be sure to take standing or walking breaks several times a day—every 15 to 30 minutes or so—and find other ways to move: pace while talking on the phone, work at a standing desk when possible or take short walking breaks around the office.
- Eat for circulation. Add foods that support a healthy cardiovascular system, like beetroot juice or blueberries. Beetroot contains high levels of nitrate, which the body converts to Nitric Oxide, a critical signaling molecule that helps relax the blood vessels and support healthy blood flow; this process supports healthy blood pressure. Blueberries contain a sub-class of flavonoids known as anthocyanins, which support healthy endothelial function and, as a result, Nitric Oxide production.
- Move aerobically. Aerobic exercise is “intended to improve the efficiency of the cardiovascular system in absorbing and transporting oxygen.” Walking, jogging and running are all great ways to get your blood flowing. As blood flows through your blood vessels, it also stimulates the endothelial cells to produce Nitric Oxide.
- Practice yoga. The centuries-old practice is good for more than serenity—it also helps support healthy blood pressure. Part of the benefit is believed to be due to relaxation and stress reduction, which have a positive effect on heart rate. The practice also supports overall athletic fitness, strength and flexibility.
- Stay rested. During sleep, your heart rate slows and blood pressure drops as the cardiovascular system works to repair and regenerate. This process is an important part of supporting healthy circulation. It’s necessary to get good-quality sleep, meaning plenty of the deep, restorative REM cycle, which comprises around 25 percent of your total sleep cycle.
- Get your nutrients. While all nutrients are important, Omega-3s are an especially important part of supporting healthy circulation. Omega-3 fatty acids help to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining cholesterol and triglyceride levels already within normal range.* Adding two or more servings of fatty fish, like salmon, mackerel or tuna, each week helps make sure you’re getting the recommended amount. But if you sometimes have trouble getting Omega-3 fatty acids in your regular diet, adding an Omega-3 supplement like Herbalifeline® or Tri-Shield® to your health plan might be a good option.
Remember, the better your blood circulates, the healthier your cardiovascular system can be. By supporting healthy circulation, you support total wellness.
Do you have more tips for supporting healthy circulation?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
 McKean, E. (2005). The new Oxford American dictionary. New York, N.Y: Oxford University Press.
HERBALIFE= NUTRITION FOR A BETTER LIFE!
HERBALIFE= THE BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR A BETTER FUTURE!
All Herbalife products and nutritional/ beauty/ fitness/ success advice available from:
INDEPENDENT HERBALIFE DISTRIBUTOR SINCE 1994
Helping you enjoy a healthy, active and successful life!
Empowering You To Change
Call USA: +12143290702
Add me at Facebook: http://sasafb.fitmy.biz