Kalettes: A brand new vegetable you should know about | Herbalife Healthy Eating Advice
Learn more about Kalettes, a brand new hybrid vegetable, easy to cook, and full of nutrition and flavor! Kalettes are a hybrid of kale and brussels sprouts. They have a delicious sweet nutty flavor and can be cooked in a number of different ways.
In this video, Susan Bowerman, MS, RD, CSSD, FAND gives you the breakdown on kalettes and provides tips on how to prepare them!
Kalettes were developed over 15 years in the UK. They’re a leafy green vegetable with a flavorful combination of nutty and sweet and they’re very nutritious. Kalettes are good source of vitamin B6, calcium, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
To prepare kalettes for cooking or eating, begin by cutting off the bottom of the stalk. That will ensure you have a nice fresh cut at the bottom of your vegetable. Kalettes are nice and tender so you may eat them raw if you like. You may also steam, stir fry, grill, sauté, or roast kalettes.
Here are a few ideas for cooking with kaletttes:
• Roasted kalettes – toss them with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and put them in a really hot oven for about 10-12 minutes.
• Substitute bok choy with kalettes in your favorite stir fry dish.
• Add them to your favorite baked pasta dish.
• Eat them raw and toss them in your favorite salad.
• Substitute spinach with kalettes in your frittata.
For more nutrition advice contact Your Independent Herbalife Distributor TODAY!
All Herbalife products and nutritional/ beauty/ success advice
Your Independent Herbalife Distributor since 1994
Helping you enjoy a healthy, active, successful life!