How to banish bad hair days forever!
We all love those days when our hair is soft, shiny and manageable. When our hair decides it’s not going to cooperate and takes on a mind of its own, things can go from good to bad, and bad to worse quickly.
A bad hair day can seriously zap our self-esteem and make us want to go into hiding. I have, on several occasions, wanted to call in sick to work because of my unruly hair! Now, of course I’ve never done that, wink-wink, but the thought has crossed my mind. Here are some things we can do to help our hair look its best so we can resist the urge to hide when a bad hair day strikes.
Stop the hair abuse
I confess that I abuse the heck out of my hair. I know it’s not good but sometimes it’s the fastest way to get my hair under control. Even though I turn to heat styling and pile on products I know that, long term, I’m doing more harm than good. This is one of those times when I need you to listen to what I say, not follow what I do. And, hair abuse is not gender biased, I know some guys out there who spend way more time fussing with their hair than some of us ladies! The bottom line is; in order to have more good hair days, we must be kind to our hair.
Stopping the abuse is our first priority! Put down those super-hot hair dryers, curling tongs and flat irons, and give your hair a break. Excess heat is damaging as it depletes moisture from our hair and scalp and, over time, can strip away our natural protective oils. The result? Hair that’s dry, frazzled and prone to breaking.
Give your hair a break from the heat. If possible, attempt to air dry at least once a week to give your hair a break from damaging styling tools. When you do use heat styling tools, use the lower settings on your styling devices and try a heat protection spray to create a barrier between your hair and the heat to help prevent damage. The sooner you stop the abuse, the healthier your hair will start to look.
Make time for hair care
Some days are so hectic that our hair just doesn’t have a chance. And most bad hair days are really our own fault. You may be better off skipping your morning shampoo if you don’t have the time to do it right.
There are a few simple rules to proper shampooing:
- Scrub your scalp to remove excess oils and product buildup.
- Remove all traces of shampoo and conditioner when you rinse. Most shampoos and conditioners need plenty of water to remove dirt and residue and to release their conditioning ingredients. Hair that hasn’t been rinsed thoroughly can be limp, oily and unmanageable.
- Just when you think you’re done rinsing, rinse some more. And to help seal the hairs cuticle and give you more shine, rinse with cool or lukewarm water, never hot.
Beware of product overload
So, we just put in the extra time and effort to be sure we rinsed all of the shampoo and conditioner out of hair. Then what do we do? If you’re like me, you start piling on the styling agents; protection spray, hair serum, styling gels, mousse, hair sprays and shining agents. It never ends…
Truth is, the more products we pile on, the greater our chances are of having a really bad hair day. Hair products can weigh our hair down and make it look dull and lifeless. Lighten up on the products and let your hair breathe.
My quick tips to make every day a ‘Good Hair Day’
1) Look for powerful moisturizing and conditioning ingredients when you choose your shampoo and conditioner.
2) Go sulfate free! Sulfates are harsh, drying and can strip the color from your hair.
3) Just when you think you are done rinsing your hair, keep rinsing and count to ten.
4) Your hair is weakest when it is wet, so be gentle when combing wet hair and avoid putting it into a ponytail or braid until it is thoroughly dry. This will help prevent damage.
5) Consider investing in a good hairdryer with ionic technology. It may help your hair dry faster and with less damage. Remember, the louder your blow-dryer is, the lower the quality may be.
6) Ease up on the products to avoid build-up which could cause lifeless, unmanageable, oily hair.
Let’s face it – the only thing worse than a bad day is a bad HAIR day! If we all follow these quick and simple steps we can banish the bad hair days forever. Healthy hair is happy hair!
Written by beauty expert, Jacquie Carter. Jacquie is Director of Outer Nutrition at Herbalife.
Contact Your Independent Herbalife Distributor TODAY!
INDEPENDENT HERBALIFE DISTRIBUTOR SINCE 1994
Solutions for Weight Management, SPORTS Nutrition, Beauty and LIFESTYLE
Helping you enjoy a healthy, active and successful life!
Order your Herbalife Products ONLINE TODAY!
Click here: https://www.goherbalife.com/goherb
Add me at Facebook: http://sasafb.fitmy.biz